Wednesday 13 October 2010

It's Get Better


Hello everyone, I'm Baya. I'm the owner of Elite News and writer for Perez Hilton of Stardoll. I'm here today to speak about a very very very urgent issue that I think it's important we all do something about.

I'm an avid reader of the real life Perez Hilton, and recently I discovered numerous posts about him discussing how there have been a rise in gay teens committing suicide in the states just in the past month. As a openly gay female, it saddens me to read such news.

Suicide is NEVER the answer. I've been fortunate enough to have a supportive family to guide me through the tough time in which I was picked on and ridiculed for being gay. For those who don't have that support, I can't image want your going through. It must be hard feeling like your alone, to the point you think suicide may be the best way out. But your NOT alone, there are so many resources out today that you can reach out to. One of them being The Trevor Project. I highly recommend you check out the site.

We must stand together and support each other.
It get's better.

If you want to raise awareness, blog about this important issue and/or leave the phrase "It get's better" on your presentation. Hopefully this will show some Stardoll users, who are going through a tough time that we're here to support them. Let's get the message out there and slowly make a difference in someones life.

No comments:

Post a Comment